Wednesday, July 7, 2010

MALARIA has struck!!!

I went to teach at my school today and I told some of my fellow teachers my symptoms and it was confirmed by three of them I have malaria….

Malaria is very common here in Eastern Uganda. It kills people on a daily basis, mainly children and the elderly. It actually kills more people than AIDS here in Uganda and most of Africa for that matter. Malaria is spread by mosquitoes. Considering there are hundreds of mosquitoes in my house at any given time it would makes sense I would get it. I hate those little guys…

But one thing I failed to mention is that my symptoms were that I had a headache and felt tired. One of the things that is hilarious is that whatever symptoms someone has it is automatically diagnosed by everyone and their mother that they have malaria (our medical staff warned us of this). Didn’t sleep well last night, must be Malaria. Feeling tired (even though you walked 10 miles the day before), it must be Malaria. Anything and everything results in Malaria… So Mom, don’t worry as I am confident I don’t have Malaria despite what everyone here says.

3 comments:

  1. Hey What's going on? Nice blog. Question: Where is that picture on the top of your blog from? It's beautiful.. is that a part of uganda? if so which?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan, Honestly I did not take the picture and stole it off the internet. They claimed it was Uganda... Wish I could have taken it... don't tell anyone though cause I like that people think I took it...
    -John

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Lake Bunyonyi punk, and yes, it is in Uganda. I'm telling everyone you plagiarized it.

    ReplyDelete